In MVN Arquitectos we develop our projects in BIM since 2007, when we introduce our Revit workflow software, after which we have been adding more tools that gradually have been completing our work environment. This change in our methodology has allowed us to gain significant advantages over traditional CAD:
- From the first moment you are working in 3D, allowing a high degree of understanding of the project to all participants.
- The structure of the software used does not allow drawing errors, increasing reliability of the blueprints.
- The power tools operating in BIM optimize development time of projects, and facilitates continuous design review, either upstream or in advanced stages.
- By integrating all information into a single model we favor the coordination of different project disciplines (structures, facilities, etc.), anticipating errors to correct them before. This eliminates many uncertainties before starting the work, and thus the risk of cost overruns and deadlines deviation is reduced.
- Planning (4D) and measurement control and cost (5D) is very accurate since they start the model itself, also reducing the margin of error of deadlines and the project budget.
- You can very easily incorporate the changes that the project suffers during construction, easily obtaining a document “as built” fast, reliable and complete that serves as a basis for further model building management (6D).
To take the initial data we conduct a survey of precision with HDS technology (High Definition Scanning), obtaining a point cloud file that provides an analysis of the current state with a minimum margin of error. We also use it to make checks of the work performed during the construction process. We use processing point clouds performed through the Faro Scene software and CloudCompare to incorporate or take them as a basis for modeling in Revit.
The base model around which revolves the whole process is performed also with Autodesk Revit software that provides tools for architectural design, plant engineering, structural engineering and construction, and allows coordination between the different disciplines.
The planning work conducted by incorporating the data model in Navisworks allows us to visualize the duration of a series of events and show the progress of construction activities. In this way we incorporate 4D helping us explore options, solutions to manage and optimize the results before commissioning work information, preventing future problems.
Cost-It is a companion to Revit Presto to automatically obtain the structured budget from a Revit model by selecting the measurement criteria from different Revit categories. It also allows us to graphically identify elements in Revit Presto budget and backwards, seeping into all elements in the Revit model corresponding to a work unit budget. Budget and model are synchronized so they are constantly updated. This allows us to have a single file of Presto with all information necessary to prepare the budget and supply, as drawings, pictures, model IFC, DWFX, etc. Linking the model with the budget and planning we can offer contractors who need useful information in 3D, 4D and 5D with which not only they can properly assess the work but use it for the entire construction process.